|Sastha.com, Inc.||Advertising Info, $125 per ad /120 days. Email Job Postings to: Sastha.com, Inc. or Submit Job Posting. Call 313-882-3776 I Add Resume|
Date Posted: 8/20/14
NYU Shanghai is seeking an enthusiastic Faculty Technology Specialist to join our Academic Technology Services unit. This unit is collaboration between the NYU Shanghai Office of Academic Affairs and the NYU Shanghai Library, and it works closely with its counterparts at NYU New York and NYU Abu Dhabi.
The Faculty Technology Specialist will be primarily responsible for providing oversight of technology services to support faculty and researchers, including student researchers, at NYU Shanghai.
· Advise and consult with faculty, students, and researchers in the design, development, and implementation of information technology services for teaching, learning, and research. Evaluate current technology used by faculty, students and researchers for teaching and research; provide technical support to faculty and researchers in curriculum and research development; research and make recommendations for the purchase of hardware and software; contact and negotiate with vendors regarding hardware and software purchases; supervise installation of hardware, software, and peripherals. Focus on logistical/technical support and operational needs/issues, ensuring efficient and effective delivery of quality lifestyle services and support;
· Supervise support staff including hiring, training, and evaluating performance. Identify and prioritize assignments to ensure deadlines are met and review work for accuracy.
· Develop, deliver, and assess training programs including seminars, training sessions, and workshops. Identify, analyze, and evaluate training needs. Arrange for instructors, facilities and materials as required. Consult with faculty, students, researchers, and ITS staff on training interests and opportunities.
· Advise and educate faculty, students, and researchers in the availability for information technology resources for teaching and research across Faculty Technology Services (FTS), Information Technology Services (ITS), Global Technology Services (GTS), Libraries, and NYU. Keep services, data entries and reporting up-to-date with standards of quality, timeliness, and satisfaction.
· Research and promote emerging technology practices in teaching and research adopted by selected higher education institutions. Work with technology professionals across NYU to develop and promote best practices for using technology in teaching, learning and research.
· Ensure technical competence through on-going professional development. Attend conferences, enroll in classes, read trade and professional publications.
Bachelors degree and 2-3 years relevant experience OR Masters degree in a related field.
· Experience must include supporting information technology, technology training, and client service. Experience and/or education in one of the following areas: statistical computing, GIS, data visualization, advanced video production, interactive media development.
· Experience working with end users in an academic environment, preferably in IT and/or Libraries.
Experience with open source archives management software desired. Familiarity with digital repository systems, particularly DSpace. Knowledge of and experience with Unix or Linux server platforms, as well as Windows and OS X operating systems, preferred. Knowledge of scripting languages such as Ruby or Python helpful. Familiarity and experience with disk imaging and email archiving tools and techniques preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Good interpersonal and communication skills to work in an international and cross-cultural environment.
· Good problem solving skills, and good time management skills.
· Ability to interact with a diverse population of students, faculty, researchers, and staff.
· Well organized, diplomatic, details and service oriented.
NYU Shanghai Library:
NYU Shanghai is the newest degree-granting campus within the NYU Global Network University. It is the first Sino-US higher education joint venture to grant a degree that is accredited in the US as well as in China. As a research university with liberal arts and science at its core, NYU Shanghai resides in one of the world's great cities with a vibrant intellectual community (http://shanghai.nyu.edu/). It recruits scholars who are committed to a global vision of transformative teaching and innovative research.
New York Universitys Global Network University is established as an, organically connected, multi-site network that encompasses key global cities and intellectual capitals. The network has three degree-granting campuses - New York, Shanghai, and Abu Dhabi - complemented by twelve additional academic centers across five continents. Faculty and students circulate within the network in pursuit of common research interests both local and global, and cross-cultural, interdisciplinary endeavors.
The Library of NYU Shanghai will deliver and coordinate a wide range of academic services that support the teaching, learning and research of NYU Shanghais faculty and students. Drawing on the resources of the libraries at NYU New York, the NYU Shanghai library provides an opportunity to create a forward-looking 21st century library program and facility to serve a culturally diverse and academically talented population. NYU Shanghai opened in September 2013 with a class of 300 freshmen and 150 Study Abroad students. The library will be relocating to its permanent location in the new Pudong campus in 2014.
NYUs Division of Libraries embraces diversity and is committed to attracting qualified candidates who also embrace and value diversity and inclusivity.
NYU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Global Job Search
Refer to ShanghaiCareers.com when applying
Shanghai, Jobs in China, Shanghai China, China Jobs, Jobs in
Shanghai, Jobs, Careers
Sastha.com, Inc. Information : Job Posting Info Jobseekers Contact Us About Us Help Privacy
Copyright Sastha.com, Inc., All Rights Reserved.